Saturday, February 9, 2013
The "Godfather of Grindhouse"William Grefe'...
the legendary director synonymous with drive-in cult classics such as
Sting of Death, Impulse, Death Curse of Tartu (1966), and Stanley will once again be stepping behind the camera to direct MAROONED... his first feature film in over 20 years!
Mr. Grefe' has officially formed a mutually rewarding partnership with Reality's Edge Films owner Jeff Freeman, to bring his sensational re-imagining of the slasher genre to the screen. This is Mr. Grefe's and Reality's Edge Films third project together.
Reality's Edge Films is also the authorized distributor for Mr. Grefe's "Seminar on Independent Filmmaking" and the release of his lost cult classic, The Devil's Sisters.
Reality's Edge Films has launched a
campaign page for their loyal fans in
support of MAROONED!!!
Head over there today and make a donation on their Indiegogo page and help the indie films!!!!
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Are you in a band? Are you a musician or and entertainer? Artisit, Filmmaker or creative type? Well join Orlando Florida as the 48 Hour Film Project launches it's first year into the 48 Hour Music Video Project!!!!
Click on the link below for more detail on how you can get involved and participate in the 48 Hour Music Video Project!!!!
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Heather Walker is working on a short film for her last semester in film school. The end of March will mark two years that she has been in the film industry and she feels it's time for her to have something amazing to show for it. This will be a 10 minute short that she has written and will also direct as well. Principal photography starts March 2nd & 3rd 2013.
All casting information can be found by clicking on this link Casting for "DOUBT"
ABOUT THE FILM
The story takes place at the beginning of WWII. A young American woman and her half Japanese husband are practically newlyweds and very much in love. She is outraged at how people like her husband are being singled out as evil doers that threaten the American way. While she knows her husband would never be capable of such horrors she can't help but give it a second thought when bombarded with propaganda on every street corner and on every television.
FUNDS FOR THE FILM
Any good production needs money, so here is what she is looking to raise for her film......$1000 to $1500 on top of what she is already putting in.
BREAKDOWN OF THE FUNDS RAISED & WHAT IT WILL GO TO
1. People need to eat.- This will be a two day shoot with actors and crew totaling about 30 people. The crew, especially, will need to meet earlier than everyone else to set up which means CAFFEINE! Coffee all around and something to munch on. Just breakfast isn't enough to hold anyone over for an 8 hour work day let alone a 10 hour one. Lunch as well as snacks will need to be provided. I don't need people passing out on me because of low blood sugar.
2. This is a period piece, meaning it's not set in the present day. I don't know about you, but I don't have a bunch of clothes from the 1940s hanging in my closet. This is where is starts getting expensive. In one of my scenes I have men in the armed forces which will require WWII military uniforms. These are $75 a piece and I will need 5 of them. Total that up and we get $425. That's not even for a lead role.
3. Props/Set dressing- More things I don't have lying around my apartment is a TV, couch, radio or, lets be honest, anything from the 1940s. I will need to rent these items from a prop house. This is where the money really starts piling on. Not only is it expensive to rent said items from a prop house, but I will need to transport them, which means renting a U-haul to do so. The cost of the truck plus mileage and gas and we've pretty much spent the entire budget.
4. Travel - remember how I said I've been working in the industry for almost 2 years now? Well most of that has been for free. So lucky me, I get to call all of those people back and have them come work for me for the same price. Crew and equipment will be (mostly) free. However, the locations we are shooting at are a good ways from people's homes. I think it's only fair that they as well as the actors get reimbursed for their travel to come work for me for free.
5. Last, but certainly not least is make-up. You want everyone to look good for their close up now don't you? Even if I could get a make up person to labor both days away for free I would still need to pay for the make-up they used. No getting around it.
A NOTE FROM HEATHER
Thank you for reading. I hope you take an interest in my film. Message me with any questions you might have and I'll be more than happy to answer.
Please send any and all donations to:
410 Fontana Cir
Oviedo, FL 32765
Check out the kickstarter page for the new indie feature film "HUNTER"
They are needing your help so they can get the feature film finished.
Click here to go to the HUNTER Kickstarter Page
Also be sure to Check out HUNTER official website as well to watch the first 11 minutes of this awesome short film of HUNTER. It has won 2 awards at Shcokfest and now they are making the feature.
HUNTER is a slasher-horror film made by horror fans, for horror fans. Following the murder of two fellow classmates, Jason and his friends, Quinn, Garret, Chad, and Bea, discover that something horrific is going on in their little town. Someone, wearing the mask of a convict, is savagely murdering people of this small college town. The convict is Hunter Westbrook, a man wrongfully accused of murdering four girls seventeen years prior. The staff at the local university and sheriff’s station appear to know more than they're revealing, leaving the students to wonder if they’re, in fact, next. The five friends decide to take it upon themselves to investigate the killings and discover the truth before they themselves, fall victim to HUNTER!!!
Trailer for the feature film
Click here to visit the Official website for HUNTER!!!!